Materials for loan: books, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Video Games, CD-ROMs, Music CDs, Talking Books, magazines, Kindles, Launchpads, Playaways, Hotspots
- Wireless printing using PrinterON
- Museum passes
- Wireless Access for the Public
- Scanner for Public use
- Faxing -- $1 per page
- Reference assistance
- Online databases
- Color photocopying
- Children's storytimes
- Interlibrary loans
- Free notary public. Please call (401)333-2422 to check availability.
- Young adult programs
- Adult programs
- Library Newsletters
- Aladdin Magnifier for the visually impaired
- Meeting room: The Louisquisset room is available to non-profit groups. You must reserve a room in advance by calling (401)333-2422. The room holds 65 people and has audio visual equipment available.
- Electronic resources: computer workstations for public use, iPads for children in Children's Room, 6 circulating Kindles, circulating Launchpads, Playaways
Products included on public workstations:
- Internet access
- Software: Microsoft Office 2016 : (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher), Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, Adobe Photoshop Elements on selected computers.
Message Alerts for Ocean State Libraries' Cardholders, powered by Shoutbomb
With the library's Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
- Receive text notices about holds that are available, items that are due soon and overdue items.
- Send a text to renew an item (if item is eligible for renewal)
- Add family members’ cards to your Shoutbomb account with keyword ADDCARD.
The library does not charge a fee for this service. Your mobile plan's regular text messaging rates apply.
To get started, text the keyword SIGNUP from your cellphone texting app to 401-298-2013.
Reply to the prompts from Shoutbomb, asking for your library card number, then PIN. Once your Shoutbomb registration has been completed, you will automatically get text notices about holds to pick up, items that are due soon and overdue items. A text will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message, or information is requested.
Why is my library PIN required?
To protect your privacy and library account, your PIN is required when signing up for Shoutbomb text alerts. This is the same PIN used for logging into your online library account and prevents others from accessing your library information.
For full instructions, please visit https://www.oslri.org/text-alerts/